1.14.2012

4 Months...

Grant, You Are Four Months Old.



What have you been up to?



You are wearing 3-6 month clothes although you are still growing into some of them =)

You weighed in at your four month check up at 14.8 lbs and 25.5 inches long.  You are still in the 50th percentile for weight and the 75th percentile for height.  I just love that you are tall.  Something I obviously have never been!

You are still wearing size two diapers.

You are now eating 5.0 ounces every three hours.  You eat like a champ, sometimes I worry you are eating a little too much.

You officially have a bedtime.  We like to put you down at about 8:00 every night and you seem to sleep until about 6:00 or 6:30 each morning.  

Your nap routine has been a little rocky lately.  Somedays you just like to sleep on your Mommy or Daddy for old times sake.  It think this has more to do with the fact that we have kept you very busy throughout the Holiday Season and you are just off your routine.  You always go down for at least one good nap a day though (and I thank you very much).

The biggest change in your life this month is that Mommy had to go back to work and you had to start going to daycare (or preschool as I refer to it, it makes it sound so much better).  It has only been a few days so it's hard to tell how you are really taking things, but your teachers tell me that there is another little boy in your class who screams all day and his screaming seems to really scare you.  It breaks my heart to know that I have to send you to a place where you feel so scared, but it's new and I think you are tough little boy.  I think you will be able to adjust just fine.

Your giggles are out of control.  You are laughing ALL the time and I just love it.

Things You Like...


Bouncing on the exercise ball (when you are going to sleep).

"Flying" with Daddy around the room when he comes home from work.

Watching TV.  This is a little concerning to us but you are constantly lifting and twirking your head so that you can see the TV when we are holding you.

Music.  Nancy sent us a CD when you were first born and we listen to it every moment we are in the car.  You love it, and track number ten seems to put you to sleep no matter what!

You FINALLY like the car.  When I pick you up from school I give you your toys and you play and talk to me the whole way home.  It is one of my favorite parts of the day.

Bath time and water.

Here are a few of your favorite Christmas presents:  Set of keys from Great Grandma Pierce (they play music I think that's why you like them so much).  "Chicken Little" and your froggy that you got from Grammy and Grampy.  You LOVE to play with those in your Bumbo.

Things you don't like...


Nothing big really comes to mind.  You have been such a HAPPY Baby!!!

Firsts This Month...

First Christmas.

First New Years.

First Day of "School".

A Note From Mommy...


Grant, these past few days have been hard on us all.  When I think about the time I have spent with you these last four months I just can't get over how special they were to me.  You are the most amazing thing to ever happen to me and you are all that really even matters to me anymore.  You will never know how much it breaks my heart to get up and leave you every morning.  I leave so early I don't even get to say goodbye to you (luckily your Daddy takes really good care of you).  The other day I was driving home to pick you up and started to let myself think about just how much time I am missing with you and I couldn't stop crying.  Another teaching partner I had found backed out on me and my hopes of getting to stay home with you next year were looking dimmer and dimmer.  I tried to pull myself together enough to go into school and pick you up but I was so upset.  I have never felt such feelings of sadness and anger all at the same time.  I walked into the classroom and practically ran to you.  The second I picked you up it all seemed to melt away.  You have an amazing ability to bring peace and happiness to my heart.  I love you my little Prince! -Mommy      






No comments: